Village of Hope Uganda (VOH) is seeking a passionate and creative Social Media & Communications Manager to join our U.S.-based team to partner with us in providing a safe haven and hope for the future for former child soldiers, their siblings and other vulnerable children in Northern Uganda.
This is a new role (based in the Dallas, TX area) and like all VOH team members, the Social Media & Communications Manager will wear more than one hat. Primary job duties include sharing the story of what God is doing in the lives of orphans through VOH and our donors, engaging others in the mission of VOH and researching grant funding sources. You will meet weekly (in Carrollton, TX) with the Associate Director and may visit VOH Field locations in Uganda up to 1 time each year. We are looking for an energetic story-teller who is able to think three steps ahead, work cross-culturally and bring a positive attitude to our fast-paced family.
The Social Media & Communications Manager is a Dallas-Fort Worth-based position, working remotely with a weekly, in-person, required meeting in Carrollton, TX.
Key Job Tasks & Responsibilities
- Promote and fulfill the mission and vision of Village of Hope Uganda
- Work with Executive Director to share the mission & impact of VOH
- Coordinate short-term mission teams with field personnel
- Develop and implement strategies to engage visitors in the mission when they return home
- Provide regular updates to funding partners
- Develop and implement strategies (primarily online) to involve others in the mission of VOH.
- Develop and implement compelling content about VOH
- Develop and implement strategies to grow social media followers and engagement
- Design and implement online campaigns
- Track & report performance of social media and online campaigns
- Expand VOH funding by researching grant funding resources for contracted grant writers.
- Required meetings include:
- Minimum of 1 in-person meeting each week with Associate Director in Carrollton, TX
- Quarterly board meetings (held virtually on Saturday morning)
- Annual board retreat held-in person (may require travel)
- Up to 1 trip per year to Village of Hope field locations in Northern Uganda
- Support other VOH leadership with events and tasks as needed
- Raise support to cover all or a portion of your salary
- Committed to the mission and vision of Village of Hope Uganda
- Mature Christian faith as indicated by agreement with Village of Hope’s Statement of Faith.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or related field or equivalent education and experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing for multiple audiences and in multiple mediums
- Successful track-record engaging others through social media platforms including Facebook and Instagram
- Self-starter and motivated team player with the confidence to take the lead on projects and humility to support those around them
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and successfully meet deadlines and manage multiple projects
- Dependable and resourceful
- Teachable and open to feedback, bringing a positive attitude
- Adaptable to changing demands/deadlines/priorities
- Creative problem solver
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Experience on a short-term mission trip – a past trip to VOH Uganda is a plus
- Must reside in the Dallas-Fort Worth area
How to apply
If you meet the above qualifications and believe you would be a great addition to the Village of Hope team, please send the following application materials to email@example.com with the subject line “Social Media & Communications Manager Application”:
- Resume that includes all job experience
- Positive specific cover letter including how you learned of this opportunity and why you are interested
- Salary history & requirement