Village of Hope is seeking a passionate, long-term U.S. missionary to partner with us in providing a safe haven and hope for the future for former child soldiers, their siblings and other vulnerable children in Northern Uganda.
The primary role of this new team member will be liaison between field and U.S. based leadership, host for short-term mission teams and timely communication of mission impact. This team member will live and work in VOH villages located in rural Northern Uganda.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Spread the gospel of Jesus Christ in word and action
- Liaise with Uganda staff leadership and provide reporting to all stakeholders
- Work with field personnel to provide accurate and timely reporting on all financial and project reports
- Serve as primary communicator between U.S. and field leadership
- Walk alongside field staff being sensitive to their opinions and decisions
- Work with Executive Director and Communications Manager to share the story of what God is doing in the lives of VOH children.
- Gather stories, photos, updates on VOH orphans and graduates
- Provide regular updates and photos of VOH projects
- Engage short-term mission teams (STMs) in the VOH mission and vision
- Coordinate logistics of STEMs with U.S. staff
- Serve as host for all STMs
- Work with field staff to develop schedule for STMs
- Engage STMs to become advocates and partners of VOH
- Raise support to cover salary and other financial needs.
- Other responsibilities will depend on experience, skills and talents brought to this role.
- Reports to the Executive Director while respecting the authority of the National Director.
- Mature Christian faith, as indicated by agreement with Village of Hope’s Statement of Faith
- Passion for establishing and discipling others in the Christian Faith
- Committed to the mission and vision of Village of Hope
- Successful experience working in a cross-cultural setting with Ugandan or sub-Saharan Africa experience preferred
- Humble servant leader
- Ability to adapt well and quickly to the culture and living conditions in rural Northern Uganda as well as changing demands/priorities/deadlines
- Business or ministry leadership experience is a plus
- Creative problem solver
- Detail oriented, logistically minded and exceptional organization and follow-through skills with a commitment to accuracy
- Working knowledge of Excel and Google Drive or Dropbox
- Strong written and oral communications
- Comfortable speaking to groups
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications and believe you would be a great addition to the Village of Hope team, please send the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Long-Term Missionary Application”:
- Resume that includes all employment experience
- A position-specific cover letter including where you learned of this position and why you are interested